Welcome from President Elizabeth H. Mack M.D., M.S., Class of 2003
Greetings fellow USCSOM alumni!
What a privilege it is to serve as a physician! Our patients and their families trust us with their lives. I cannot imagine a greater privilege. A fellow alum, Dr. Caughman Taylor, instilled that message in me early when I was a young medical student and I remain humbled to this day as I interact with my patients and their families. A faculty member you may remember, Dr. James Stallworth, taught me to listen to the family and look at the patient (can you hear his voice now?); this is no longer a paternalistic profession but rather a collaboration with our colleagues and the people we care for. I am reminded of these lessons daily; they have shaped me as a human and as a physician.
There are so many reasons to be a proud USCSOM alum… the supportive & interprofessional learning environment for students, state-of-the-art ultrasound curriculum, beautiful campus, strong relationship with Palmetto Health, dedicated administration and staff, and most importantly our amazing students and alumni! Take a moment to read about how our accomplished Alumni Award recipients have chosen to give back over the course of their careers.
How can we as alumni support USCSOM?
- Nominate colleagues for SOM Alumni Awards
- Attend the Black Tie/White Coat Gala and class reunion events
- Donate items to the Black Tie/White Coat Gala and Silent Auction
- Serve as a host for students interviewing or rotating in your area
- Advocate for USCSOM when speaking with potential students and patients
- Attend an alumni tailgate
- Donate funds to support scholarships and endowments
- Include USCSOM in your will/estate/beneficiaries
- Order an SOM license plate
- Attend biannual Alumni Association Board meetings
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Send us a personal or professional update for “Class Notes”
I challenge you to make a positive difference for our school in at least one additional way this year. I am honored to serve as president of the USCSOM Alumni Association Board, and to serve daily as a representative of this fine institution. Give back to your community, your mentors, your mentees, your profession, and your patients!
Elizabeth H. Mack, M.D., M.S.
Class of 2003
President, USC School of Medicine Alumni Association
Join My Carolina Alumni Association today!
Member Benefits include:
- USC Blatt P.E. Center Membership
- Discounts at select Columbia area restaurants and retail locations
- Travel packages and more!
Nominations for MyCarolina Board of Governors
Got questions, suggestions or looking to get involved with the Alumni Association?
Contact the Alumni and Special Events Office: